Central Area Weekly Update: December 19, 2009
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES — Commander Blake Chow is now Assistant Commanding Officer for Operations-Central Bureau, but he's still sending out his weekly Central Division email until Captain Chamberlain takes over in the new year.
As of Dec 19, 2009 Central reported the following crime numbers. All numbers are YTD unless otherwise noted.
We are pleased to report that YTD Part I crime dropped again in Downtown Los Angeles. It is now down 10 percent from last year.
- Violent Crime down 13 percent.
- Homicides are even;
- Rapes are down 18 percent;
- Robbery is down 9 percent
Agg Assaults down 16 percent.
Property Crime is down 9 percent
- Burglary is down 20 percent
- Grand Theft Auto is down 26 percent
- Burgl from Motor vehicle is down 3 percent
- Personal Theft is down 4 percent
Total Part I Crimes are down 10 percent for the division. Another drop from last week's YTD figures.
Have a nice Holiday