Central Area Weekly Update: December 26, 2009
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES — Commander Blake Chow is now Assistant Commanding Officer for Operations-Central Bureau, but he's still sending out his weekly Central Division email until Captain Chamberlain takes over in the new year.
As of Dec 26, 2009 Central reported the following crime numbers. All numbers are YTD unless otherwise noted.
- Violent Crime down 14 percent.
- Homicides are down 17 percent;
- Rapes are down 21 percent;
- Robbery is down 10 percent
Agg Assaults down 18 percent.
Property Crime is down 9 percent
- Burglary is down 22 percent
- Grand Theft Auto is down 26 percent
- Burgl from Motor vehicle is down percent
- Personal Theft is down 5 percent
Total Part I Crimes are down 10.3 percent for the division. Another drop from last week's YTD figures.
Total Part I Crime Figures are also DOWN from 2007 levels by 4.8 percent.
Violent Crime levels are down from 2007 levels by 13 percent.
This year Central will finish the year as reporting the lowest amount of total crime for the City. As of December 26, Central reported about 500 less crimes than the next lowest Division- Hollenbeck.
Have a safe New Years.