blogdowntown 89.3 KPCC | Southern California Public Radio

Stay Connected

@blogdowntown on Twitter
blogdowntown on Facebook


 

Update: Second suspect still on loose in Main Street attacks, police say

By Hayley Fox
Published: Monday, January 23, 2012, at 11:45AM

Google street view of 1st and Main

Suspect Jermaine Vincent Moran, was arrested Friday in connection to a string of assaults that occurred on Main Street between 1st and 3rd streets earlier this month. Now, police believe there is a second suspect still on the loose.

A total of five attacks have been reported over the past few weeks. Four of the victims were women and one was a man; all were hit in the face, stomach, nose or neck - many were on their way to or from work.

Almost all of the victims came to police headquarters last week to look at a photo line-up and attempt to identify the suspect. Although many pointed to Moran, at least one of the victims said he was not the same man who attacked her.

Now, police continue to search for a second suspect, who they describe as a 190 pound African American male in blue jeans.

"The best way to protect ourselves in these case is to stay off the phones and avoid texting while we walk," said LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon, "When you are distracted on the phone or with ear buds in your ears you are more vulnerable to someone assaulting you."

SHARE:

Tweet This Story || Share on Facebook